The Platinum Pact Limited Warranty covers all Bridgestone brand passenger and light truck tires—except winter and “temporary use” spare tires. A tire covered by the Platinum Pact Limited Warranty will be replaced with an equivalent new tire either free of charge or for a pro-rated amount if the tire becomes unfit for the use for which it was designed dueto manufacturing defect in workmanship and material under the following conditions:unusable for any reason within the manufacturer’s control under the following conditions:
- The free tire replacement period extends up to (a) 3 years from the date of purchase—proof of purchase date required, or (b) 4 years from the date of tire manufacture without proof of purchase date. During this period, the tire will be replaced free of charge (including mounting and balancing). You may be charged applicable taxes, the cost of valve stems, and disposal fees.
- After the free tire replacement period, coverage extends up to (a) 5 years from the date of purchase—proof of purchase date required, or (b) 6 years from the date of tire manufacture without proof of purchase date. During this period, the tire will be replaced but there will be a pro-rated charge. To determine the replacement price, the percent of tread wear is multiplied by DEALER’S then current selling price for the replacement tire(s). The appropriate taxes, mounting, balancing, disposal fees, and other service charges may be added to the replacement price.
- The tire must not be worn to 2/32 inch (1.6 mm) or less remaining original tread depth (i.e. worn down to the top of the built-in indicators in the tread grooves).
- Exclusions apply, as identified in the section “What This Limited Warranty Does Not Cover.”
What This Limited Warranty Does Not Cover
This Limited Warranty does not cover the following:
1. Tire damage or irregular wear due to:
a. Road hazards, including, without limitation: Puncture, cut, impact break, stone drill, bruise, bulge, snag, etc.
b. Improper use or operation, including, without limitation: Improper inflation pressure, overloading, tire/wheel spinning, use of an improper wheel, tire chain damage, misuse, misapplication, negligence, tire alteration, or for racing or competition purposes.
c. Insufficient or improper maintenance, including, without limitation: failure to rotate tires as recommended in this manual, wheel misalignment, worn suspension components, improper tire mounting or demounting, tire/wheel assembly imbalance, or other vehicle conditions, defects, or characteristics.
d. Contamination or degradation by petroleum products or other chemicals, fire or other externally generated heat, or water or other material trapped inside the tire during mounting or inflation.
e. Improper repair. Improper repair voids this Limited Warranty.
f. For RFT tires only, improper run-flat or low tire pressure operation, including, without limitation: exceeding speed, distance, or other run-flat/low-pressure operation limitations.
2. Rapid tread wear or wear-out is not covered under the Bridgestone Platinum Pact, Firestone Gold Pledge, or Basic Limited Warranty. See the Supplemental Mileage Limited Warranty section of this manual.
3. Weather/ozone cracking after 4 years from date of tire manufacture.
4. Ride disturbance or vibration after 1/32 inch (0.8 mm) of tread wear use.
5. Tires with sealant, balance, or other filler material that was not originally applied or inserted by the tire manufacturer.
6. Tires used in commercial service, except Bridgestone Duravis and Firestone Transforce tires.
7. Tires purchased as used.
8. Tires inflated with anything other than air or nitrogen.
9. Tires purchased and normally used outside Canada.
10. The cost of applicable taxes.
11. Original equipment tires on new vehicles. (See separate warranty, if applicable, in your vehicle’s glove box.)
12. Failure to follow any of the safety and maintenance recommendations or warnings contained in this manual. This Limited Warranty is in addition to and/or may be limited by any other applicable written warranty you may have received concerning special tires or situations.