Bridgestone Canada Inc. and its affiliates thank you for accessing or using this website.
You may find links to other websites or third-party applications (such as Bing Maps®) on our website. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OR PRIVACY PRACTICES OF OTHER WEBSITES OR THIRD-PARTY APPLICATIONS. These third-party websites and applications may collect information through processes that we do not control. Please consult the privacy policies or privacy notices of those other websites and applications for information on their privacy practices.
Our Privacy Officer
Mail. You may contact us by mail. Please address your correspondence to:
Bridgestone Canada Inc.
5770 Hurontario Street, Suite 400
Mississauga, Ontario L5R 3G5.
Telephone. (905) 568-6534
Our Personal Information Practices
1. Personal Information
Personal information includes your name, address, age, telephone number, email address and other information that could identify you or that is specific to you. It generally does not include your business contact information if you are using our website for business purposes.
2. Commercial Electronic Messages
A commercial electronic message is a message sent to your email or other electronic address from us that invites you to participate in a commercial activity. For example, it includes a message that promotes our business (including a business of our affiliates) or offers you a product or service.
3. Information Collection
We collect information from you at several different points and ways on this website.
(a) Information that you provide. An online account or registration is required to register your tires or participate in certain promotions and contests or other features of this website. If you create an account or register, you will be asked to provide information about yourself. This will include your name, address, email address and other contact information. We use this information to contact you in connection with your product registration, the promotion or contest you have entered or another feature of the website that you have registered to use.
Our website may permit you to review a product. Before you post a review, you will be required to provide your name, email address location or you will be asked to log into a social media account. We do this to validate your identity and communicate with you about your review. If you connect with us by following one of our social media accounts, such as Facebook or Twitter, or post a message or content to one of our social media pages or accounts, we will collect information that you disclose to us through that social media. This information includes your user name, your profile information, the content of your post, and other information you disclose to us. You can control the information you disclose to us by adjusting the privacy settings of the social media accounts through which you follow or communicate with us.
We may also use your personal information to send you commercial electronic messages. We may send you a commercial electronic message in a number of circumstances, including if:
- You sign up to receive newsletters or promotional materials or you enter a contest;
- To respond to you if you have made a request for information from us or sent us a communication;
- We are providing warranty or product quality information;
- It is related to your account subscription with us;
- It is necessary to provide you with or is related to a service or information you have requested from us;
- You expressly consent to receiving commercial electronic messages;
- You have an existing business or non-business relationship with us; or
- Other situations where we are permitted to communicate with you with your implied or express consent.
If you wish to post pictures or other material to our website, we collect the information you send to us for that purpose.
You may also communicate with us through our “Contact Us” feature or by email. If you communicate with us, we collect information about you that you provide to us for that purpose.
(b) Information our website automatically collects. Our website automatically collects certain information regarding your visit. When you visit our site, we collect information regarding the referring page you left before visiting our website and the website you navigate to when you leave our website. We also collect information regarding your computer type, browser type and plug-ins, language, operating system, java script enables, and date/time stamp. We collect this information so that our website displays properly on your device. We also collect city and country codes and your internet service provider (ISP). We also collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address. Your IP address is a unique numerical number that provides the location of your modem, router or device so that information can be routed properly to your device.
We also collect and log information on how you use our website. We collect clickstream data. This is data on what features of our website you used. For example, we collect information when you click on a page, enter a search query, use our “Contact Us” feature, email us, or click on an advertisement featured on or linked to our website.
We also use “cookies” and similar technologies on certain pages of our website. We collect this data to help us analyze our website flow, website performance, and content structure. “Cookies” are small files that are installed on your device to record information and to transmit it to us. These files assist us in recognizing you, such as when you log into your account.
4. Information Use
(a) Internal Use. In addition to the uses described above, we use your personal information:
- To process your requests, such as providing you with information and updates that you request, to permit you to register your tires, to allow you to post a review, or providing you with access to a webpage or feature of our website;
- To prepopulate information so that you do not have to enter it more than once;
- To help you find information and services;
- To understand the general marketplace and the interests of visitors to our website;
- To research and test improvements to our marketing and promotional efforts and to our website, including the content and layout of our website;
- To monitor and preserve the integrity and security of our website, such as to monitor traffic, to administer our systems, to troubleshoot problems, and to detect attempts at unauthorized access or modification of our website or systems.
We may identify you in connection with certain services or features of this website. For example, we may identify you by vehicle/tire ownership to provide you with information on related products and/or promotions.
5. Retention and Storage of Information
We will retain your information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it has been collected. We may also retain your information for a longer period if it is necessary for us to comply with laws governing the retention of records, whichever is longer or to protect our legal rights. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE STORED OR USED OUTSIDE OF CANADA. Although we require our affiliates and third-party service providers to provide comparable levels of security for your information as would be provided under Canadian law, your personal information will be subject to the laws of foreign jurisdictions which may be less protective than those in Canada.
6. Disclosure to Third Parties
We share or reserve the right to share de-identified, aggregated or statistical information to third parties for use by those third parties. We may also disclose identifiable information about you in a number of situations where required or permitted by law. For example, we may disclose personal information:
- In connection with a merger, acquisition or reorganization or in connection with due diligence for a possible transaction;
- To enforce our legal rights, including to protect the integrity and stability of our website and systems or if we believe that the information relates to a contravention or threatened contravention of a federal, provincial or territorial law;
- To comply with a subpoena or warrant issued or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information;
- To comply with rules of court relating to the production of records;
- To a governmental institution or law enforcement agency that requests the information if the governmental institution has identified its lawful authority and requests the information for the purpose of investigating, administering or enforcing any federal, provincial or territorial law of Canada or investigating or enforcing a law of a foreign jurisdiction.
7. Data Security
We use administrative, technical and physical procedures to protect your personal information. Our policy is to grant access to your personal information only to employees and service providers who require access for the purpose of their responsibilities. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE COMPLETE SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
8. Your Choices
You have a number of choices regarding how we use your personal information.
(a) Commercial Electronic Messages – Opt-Out. You may change your communication preferences by using the “Contact Us” feature of our website or using one of the alternative methods to contact us to tell us that you do not wish to receive promotional material from us. You may also unsubscribe from our commercial electronic messages by using the unsubscribe function in our message. Please note that, at present, not all of our commercial electronic messages have an unsubscribe feature.
(b) Cookies and other Tracking Technologies. You may change your browser settings to block “cookies” and similar technologies from our website. Please note that not all functions on this website will work as intended if you block cookies. Also, please note that we will still collect information from other aspects of your use of our website. You may also visit www.aboutads.info/choices to opt out of certain third-party cookies that may track your online behaviour.
(c) Access to Your Personal Information. You may contact us to request access to the personal information that we have collected about you. Please contact the Privacy Officer to make your request. Please note that we may require additional information to identify you for security purposes. We may also charge a fee depending on the scope of your request.
(d) Correction to Your Personal Information or Withdrawal of Consent. Please use the “Contact Us” feature of this website if you would like to correct any personal information that you have provided us or if you would like to close your account or otherwise withdraw your consent to the collection of personal information about you. If you are not satisfied with our response, please contact the Privacy Officer by any of the means listed above under “Our Privacy Officer”. Please note that we may still be required or entitled to retain personal information about you that we have already collected in accordance with our retention practices. We may decline requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, that would be extremely impractical or otherwise to the extent allowed by applicable law.
10. Contact Us